Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving! and what I've been up to...




Happy, Happy, HAPPIEST of Thanksgivings to YOU dear readers!!!

I just want to thank all of you for your precious emails, for checking on me, and for reminding me that you're still here, wondering what I'm up to! What a bunch of sweeties you all are!! I just looked back and tomorrow it will be three months since I've posted on this here blog, that went by super fast!!! I've been a busy bee! I have started watching my niece three days a week so that my sister could return to work. I've also been extremely blessed to start a photography business which has taken a lot more time researching, planning, etc. than I could've ever dreamed. It's a complete and total GIFT from the Lord!! He has blessed me and people continue to call me for appointments and I'm incredibly grateful and humbled! I've never worked so hard in my life because my goal is to put out stellar work so I'm constantly pushing myself to learn more and more! Obviously I want every person who believes in me and supports me to be 150 percent happy with their photos, which is the goal every time! I guess I've been so absorbed in my new career that I neglected this little corner of my world. Hee hee, that feels so GOOD to say, "my career!" It makes me GIDDY!!! I have always heard the saying, "do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life." That quote was always one of those things that sounded to good to be true, yet here I am! Working harder than ever and loving every minute! I've had the sweetest clients, some of which I now call friends! Here is a small sampling of some of my favorite photos; it was so hard to choose!

I guess you could say that I've got a ton to be grateful for this Thanksgiving!! I feel incredibly blessed and overjoyed to be doing what I do! Thank you so much for checking in, each and every one of you!! You're precious to me!!! If you want to see more of Lissa Whitlock Photography click HERE!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Lissa I didn't check on you but I was wondering about you...so I waited patiently and anxiously to view your beautiful blog again. Congratulations and I have no doubts that you will do just fine...wow...how exciting. God bless you and your family this Thanksgiving season.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to Go, Lissa! :) Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness how exciting for you and those pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew from IG that you had been busy!
    ALL good things! A romantic trip with your husband and a new business!!!
    SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH how exciting!! I am so happy for you! You are a gifted lady and have such a sweet heart! I think it suits you perfectly!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love youuuuuuu!! So proud of you going for it girl:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. D'Nese giosmama26@yahoo.comNovember 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM

    Yayyyyy for you! I'm very happy for your new business. Your work is beautiful. I'm also VERY happy to see a post from you. Nothing but the very best of wishes being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lissa
    I m a French woman, and I'm reeding your since two months and I love it ! It is a very good exercise for me to read in English ! I have my dictionary near my iPad, and when I don't understand a word, I look for it definition in English !
    During Christmas Holidyays, we are going to Canada, and I would like to change my Lents of my apn. Yours photos are so nice, so clear...could tell me, if you're mind, what sort is yours ? Thank you et good luck for your new job. I wish I will go one day in the same school when we will live in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any fancy equipment yet! I just have a rebel with a 50mm lens and am saving for something much nicer!

      Delete
  9. I am one of those one's that 'checked' on you via email...it felt so awkward & nerdy, but I have just followed your blog about your life and love's since the Humble Pie days and I have to tell you, it's been such a hopeful and poetic journey to watch you, your family, your marriage, your career - just flourish under your courage and grace. Loved this post. So thankful your joyfulness continues...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! So glad you are following your dream! Wish I could be so brave! Glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great to hear what you've been up to!! I've always loved your photos. It's obvious you have a great eye and I'm sure your personality puts folks at ease. :) May God continue to bless you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Lissa going for it! I pray all the best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been so beautiful watching your journey. I have been reading along since your "Humble Pie" days- and when you just started taking your photography classes. Look at you now! I am not at all surprised you have turned your creative gift into your "career." So very proud of you!

    XO

    ReplyDelete